Contest rules and disclaimer
.GLOBAL Christmas Calendar 2016 Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
How to Enter
1. The winners of the .GLOBAL Christmas Calendar 2016 Prize Draw (“Promotion”) will receive prizes determined by Dot Global Domain Registry Ltd (“Dot Global”).
2. Entry to the Promotion is gained by answering the Daily Question on the Dot Global Domain Registry Ltd website: http://xmas.global
3. Participation in the competition is permitted for any person who has a valid email address, and who is 18 years old or older at the time of entry.
4. Participation in the contest is free and there is no purchase obligation.
5. The Promotion will be available from December 1, 2016 until December 24, 2016 (“Promotional Period”) and may be suspended or terminated by Dot Global at any time without reason.
6. During the Promotional period, a new question will be posted each day (“Daily Question”). To qualify for the daily prize draw, the entrant must submit an answer, along with their name and valid email address.
7. Daily questions will be open from 00:00 UTC until 23:59 UTC.
8. Dot Global will randomly select the daily winner from the e-mail addresses for the correct answer for the daily question and will formally notify the winner by email.
9. Each winner must then respond to the notification as instructed by Dot Global within 48 hours. If winners do not respond to the notification within 48 hours, then that winner will forfeit all rights and entitlement to the prize.
Bonus Prize Draw
10. All daily entrants will go into the bonus prize draw at the end of the Promotional Period. The bonus prize draw will take place on December 25, 2016.
11. The Bonus Prize is a US$1000 Amazon gift card.
12. Dot Global will randomly select the Bonus prize winner from the e-mail addresses submitted during the Promotional Period, and will formally notify the winner by email to the email address they entered the Promotion with.
13. The winner must then respond to the notifications as instructed by Dot Global within 7 days. If winner does not respond to the notification within 7 days, then that winner will forfeit all rights and entitlement to the prize and another winner will be selected at random.
Claiming of Prizes
14. Premium Domain Names.
(a) Dot Global will provide the authorisation code of the domain name to the winner.
(b) It is the winner's responsibility to transfer the domain name to their preferred .GLOBAL accredited Registrar.
(c) If the domain name has not been transferred within 30 days from the end of the Promotional Period, then the domain name will be reclaimed by Dot Global, and the winner will no longer have any rights to the domain name.
(d) Dot Global will pay the registration or transfer fee for the premium domain name for the first year up to USD$150. The winner will need to provide Dot Global with a copy of the invoice for the transfer and their valid PayPal account details within 60 days from the end of the Promotional Period. Dot Global will refund the transfer fee with 20 days of receipt of the invoice.
(e) The winner is responsible for any further renewal or other fees associated with the premium domain name. Note: .GLOBAL Premium names renew at standard .GLOBAL renewal prices ie. no premium renewal rates.
(f) The winner must agree to the .GLOBAL Terms of Service https://go.global/registry-policies/tos/ and Acceptable Use Policy https://go.global/registry-policies/aup/
15. Bonus prize. The bonus prize will be delivered via email. Upon confirmation of receipt of the prize, the gift card code will be sent to the email address provided within 30 days.
16. Any person entering the Promotion will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and all entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions.
17. Dot Global reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Dot Global has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Dot Global's discretion. Failure by Dot Global to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Dot Global's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
18. Dot Global will retain all entries in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, except as allowed for under Paragraph 31 of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Employees of Dot Global and their families are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
20. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
21. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per email address per day; (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of fifty (50) entries permitted per IP address per 10 minute period.
22. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Dot Global reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
24. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
25. The winners may not transfer the prizes to any other person.
26. No alternative prizes are available.
27. Any tax liability arising from the award of any prize will be the responsibility of the winner of the prize. It is advisable that the winner seeks independent tax advice upon acceptance of the prize.
28. Dot Global will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in the Promotion.
29. By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to release and hold Dot Global, any subsidiary and holding companies, their employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from the Promotion or from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize.
30. By subscribing to the Dot Global Newsletter, you give Dot Global permission to use your details to send you information and news about Dot Global.
31. By entering the Promotion the entrant grants Dot Global the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as Dot Global may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Dot Global may also publish and/or disclose the results of the Promotion including the winner's name.
32. Dot Global reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid technical or commercial reason, without notification.
33. Dot GLOBAL may declare this promotion to be void where it is taxed, regulated, prohibited or restricted by applicable law.
34. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, results and all other matters relating to the Promotion, the decision of Dot Global shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
35. To remove yourself from the Promotion or the Dot Global Newsletter you must unsubscribe the email address that you subscribed with. There will be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email sent, or you can email Dot Global at [email protected]
36. The promoter is Dot Global Domain Registry Ltd and is registered in Ireland. Registration No. 543936. Registered Office: 6th floor, South Bank House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, Ireland